Education Services Vision Statement
Vision Statement: The Rudolph Matas Library of the Health Sciences serves the health education mission of its schools and programs, and provides leadership in the health information discovery, management and technologies. The Library provides education on the utilization of research tools and ensures that both current and future health care professionals are able to effectively and efficiently locate, identify, evaluate, and utilize health science data and information
The Matas Library provides leadership in health science information education to the Tulane University community and health service providers in our region by:
- Providing educational support to effectively access to a variety of research tools and support and training in the development of information management skills.
- Teaching course-specific or program-specific classes on information resources and strategies responsive to the needs of the faculty, residents, and students.
- Supporting research and clinical teaching offering formal and informal educational opportunities, further supported by individual consultation.
- Providing evidence based clinical and research support in-house and off-site in clinical areas and community clinics.
- Offering extensive educational support and opportunities to local health care providers and health information professionals in the region.