There are five group study rooms and one computer lab/classroom that are available for group or class use in Rudolph Matas Library. These rooms are available on a first-come first-served basis for groups of 3 or more. Smaller numbers of users may be asked to move to a different area. Two of the group study rooms are in the 24/7 side and available weekends and late evenings.
We allow groups of 3 or more to reserve a group study area during Monday-Friday when notified 24 hours in advance. Please reserve during Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Sorry, reservations are not scheduled for weekends and when the library desk is closed. Library seminars or curriculum-related events receive scheduling priority. Each group study room is equipped with a whiteboard, network connections, table and chairs. Two of the group study rooms are located on the 2nd floor of the Library in the 24/7 area, Rm 2228 (6-8 people) or Rm.2230 (10-12 people). Three additional group study rooms are located on the Mezzanine: M201 (4-6 people) and M203 (4-6 people) and M205 (4-6 people).
The Mezzanine Computer Lab/Classroom (M207) is for hands-on computer usage and accommodates up to 17 people with individual computer access. Library Classes and Seminars take precedence over other classroom use.
Please abide by the room use and reservation policies:
• Rooms may be scheduled for up to three hours for groups at the Information Services Desk at least a 24 hours prior to the requested time. Monday reservations must be made on Friday
• Curriculum-related events take precedence over individual use of the conference rooms
• Groups always take precedence over individual use of the conference rooms
• Groups with reservations take precedence over groups without
• Unreserved conference rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis
• If a group fails to show up within fifteen minutes of its reservation or leaves the room unattended for more than fifteen minutes, use of the room is forfeited